Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I have some explaining to do.

I realize I've been absent for the longest time I've ever been.  Errrrm... almost half a year??

To be honest, I lost the love I once had for blogging.  I felt like it was more of a chore.  And having 2 kids (one crazy one who doesn't nap) didn't help.  That combined with the crazies stalking my blog was enough for me to give it an unplanned [looooong] break.

Vincent's baptism ~ September 2012



Gianna's 1st day of preschool

I'm really not sure if I will continue for much longer or not.  But either way I figured I owed it to certain people to at least update with how our lives our going right now :)

First things first; we're building a house ::squeeeeees to the moon::  I can't even explain how excited we are and how lucky we both feel to have the option of building our first home, but it's been an amazing process.  Little things I would never even have thought about before building are things we get to choose.  It's awesome.  Like, who thinks about gutters, or freaking mortar [between brick] colors?  Now I do HA!

I will try and update on the progress of our house once things get going faster.  We've been going through this building process since October and just barely (last week) finalized our plans so we are breaking ground by the end of this week :)

Gianna's 1st day at ballet/tap class


 Halloween 2012 ~ Snow White (homemade costume!)

My little sock monkey





So since I last updated, Gianna started preschool.  She also started taking dance classes (ballet and tap), which she LOVES.  Vincent rolled over at 3 months, started sitting up at a little under 5 months, army crawled at 6 1/2 months & just started full on crawling 1 week ago.  He is still wordless and toothless (unlike his sister at this age), but he's growing so fast!!!  

Gianna is the BEST big sister.  Like seriously she is so motherly towards him and sometimes it's hard because I have to remind her that I'm the mommy HA :)  And Vincent is such a dang easy baby.  Just like Gianna was.  I hit the jackpot with 2 incredibly easy babies, that nurse well, sleep nearly 12 straight hours at night and are incredibly sweet and cuddly.  This almost makes me want 5 more of these little buggers.  Almost.

Standing in the line to see Santa






Vincent (as you can see) is getting big.  And he's going to be 8 months old in 8 days.  That's 4 months away from 1.  ::dead stare::

So, obviously, that means it's time to start planning his 1st birthday party.  Because I can't throw an extravagant party for my 1st child and not do the same for my second.  That would be cruel.  So the theme has been chosen... and many ideas have been pinned.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


"Our Little Monster is Turning 1"

There's our theme :)  And many ideas are on the way...

1st time on a swing




So now that I've updated you as much as possible without writing a novel or overloading you with pictures (y'all know I love pictures), I will continue to try and post once a week with updates on our family & future home building as requested.  I'm not going to promise any more than once a week because we all know that won't happen ;)

I miss everyone & hopefully somebody is still reading... ::smooches::

46 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted! You were always one of my favorite bloggers! Your kids are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your posts. Your kids are beyond adorable. I can't believe how big the baby is

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I was so happy to see your post! I started reading a long while ago, but just a couple weeks ago I went back to when you were pregnant with G (I'm now pregnant with my first), and I was so sad that you stopped blogging!
    So glad you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you and your blog! Your kids are gorgeous and I'm glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy you posted :) i really missed you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still have loyal readers! I always loved your blog, I'm a reader since you were pregnant with Gianna. I'm looking forward to your updates. Your Kids are adorable! Beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back! I have loved following along :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest kids ever!! And congrats on the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet hallelujah you are back! I am a random reader since back when Gianna was first born. I followed you from Top Mommy Blogs/the Bump when I was first pregnant with my daugher (now 2.5). Reading your blog was so fun, honest, and refreshing. Never knew you had issues with comments and such; too bad people have to be so weird and hurtful. If you don't like something, just quit reading it! Congrats on happy and healthy family. We just finished building our house and it would have been fun to post pictures during the process for family/friends. Hope you keep it up as it will be very helpful to inquiring minds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kidlets are adorable. I've enjoyed reading your blog for a couple years now. Your family is truly blessed! Can't wait to hear more about your dream home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to hear from you again! I think we all go through the blog hate times, but unlike you I hardly have any readers. Your children are adorable! So glad things are moving along smoothly for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you're writing again! I've been following since Gianna was tiny, and I adore your photography and stories. I'm so glad you're all doing well, and please share about the new home process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed your blog and all of your updates of those sweet kiddos of yours. I recently was able to find you on IG, but I'm so happy to see you back to blogging. Can't wait to see the progress on your new house! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back. I'll admit I checked at least a couple times a Month to see if u posted :) the kiddos are adorabke and Congrats on the house! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cant believe you have crazy people stalking your blog...jealousy! You have a beautiful family and a beautiful blog and I have been a faithful reader for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back you were one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see you came back for an update, was wondering how life was going for you. I started reading your blog when G was a little under a year old. Congrats on starting to build your new house, I hope to watch the progress you make on it in the months to come... welcome back, even if its only a post here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mrs. F,

    Welcome back ! I love reading your blog !! I've been reading ever since Gianna was a baby. Congrats on your new home and I look forward to your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so very glad that you posted. Both little ones have grown so very much. Gosh its cray cray how so much has changed within half a year. I hope little miss is loving school & dance! Its nice that you caught us up :) I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to see you guys are all doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SOOO happy to see your post- not so happy to hear about creepy blog stalkers :( Your kids are both adorable and you look AMAZING. What are you doing to stay so in shape with two little ones?

    ReplyDelete
  22. so nice to hear from you. The kids are beautiful and sounds like things are going great. Excited to hear about the building!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yea I missed reading about y'all! Glad y'all are doing well and i can't wait to live through you with the home building~! the kids are cute as ever and I can relate with a non-napper! Now i've got two non-nappers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to see that you are back! Your kids are adorable! Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your family is just absolutely adorable! Gianna is gorgeous and Vincent is such a handsome little man! Congrats on building your first home that is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YAY!!! So glad you are back to blogging. Your blog was one of the first ones I started to read. Life must be crazy with two little ones and building a home...so awesome btw! ;) but I hope you continue to post, even if it is just once a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad to hear that your family is doing well, I’ve followed your blog for a while now. Congratulations on your first home, I know that’s an exciting experience. I can’t wait to see the progress. Hopefully, you will get back into the grove of blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to have you back. I've been checking every month to see if you had been posted. The kids are adorable, can't believe how big Vinny has gotten. Can't hear about the building...that is wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Welcome back!! Congrats on building. That is very exciting, but I'm sure overwhelming all at the same time. Your little ones are adorable! Glad to see all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  30. you have THE cutest kids ever! i was just thinking the other day about how i hadn't seen any updates from you in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Woohoo! So glad you're back (even if it's only temporary!)

    And Gianna's snow white costume is amazing! Do you mind asking where you found the pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yayyy! So glad you are back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So glad to see you back blogging---I have been following since your first pregnancy and I am now 24 weeks pregnant with our first---a little girl :) I hope you'll continue to update once a week, it's been fun "getting to know" your family. Good luck with the house, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Mrs F,

    Glad to see all is going well for you and your little family. Happy that you blogged again and really hope you continue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Welcome back! I can totally relate to being exhausted w kids and the fun of blogging falling away. I hope you'll update on your home especially though. We are planning to build as well, or renovate a house if we find one worth saving, in the next year and I am completely clueless so would love to hear your process!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yay!!! So happy for an update!! Such beautiful kids you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't think I have ever commented, but I just wanted to say I am glad you are back. I have been reading since you were pregnant with Gianna and have enjoyed reading about the various adventures had by your little family.

    As a side note, and not to sound like a creeper, but I think we attend the same parish. I'm pretty sure I saw the announcement of little Vincent's baptism in our Sunday bulletin back in September. Your last name is very distinctive, but I wasn't sure if it was your family or not.

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG, I have missed your posts. Your family is just adorable! Thank you for the update these photos just bring a smile to my day! We all understand needing a break from the whole blog thing and also how crazy things can get with 2 kids.

    I can't wait to see what you do for the Monster's birthday bash! You always do such the birthday parties with LOVE and it shows through. So inspiring. I'm having my first child this year. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Bekkah- I'm sure it was us because there aren't really any other Foreste's (that spelling) around!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So happy to see you are back. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your beautiful family over the years. Congrats on building a house =) P.S. I'm green with envy over your 2 great sleepers. My 2 were/are the complete opposite. My first didn't STTN until he was 1 and my second is almost 6 months and if possible is worse than her older brother when it comes to sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I clicked over to your blog to see if you were still blogging again, and I nearly shrieked with delight when I saw your post! I think I found your blog for the first time like the day before your last post, and I spent some time reading through your old posts, and just love it! I was so sad to see that you weren't really into blogging anymore. Thank you so so much for the update :) You have such a beautiful family and so many exciting things happening in your life. Vincent is just as photogenic as Gianna and I love all the pictures...it's so fun to see another little boy somewhat close to my little guys age :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. So glad you're back. I love reading your posts and your kiddos are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm so glad you are back. Really enjoy reading your blogs. And your kids are adorable. Please keep blogging. All the best

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by CGM