I never imagined how much work it would be to have 2 kiddos. I'm constantly nursing or changing Vincent, making sure Gianna is getting attention, food, potty trips, etc... or all of the above at once.
When I had Gianna I always fed her in our comfy rocker in her QUIET nursery. This time having a newborn is not the tough part... it's keeping up with a 3 year old at the same time! I've learned to nurse Vinny while cleaning up toys, making lunch, or taking Gianna potty. Takes serious talent, people ;)
Now that Vincent is 11 weeks (3 months in a couple weeks... ahh!) we've got a good schedule down, and having 2 kids isn't too bad. We've really adjusted to our family of 4 and things are going great!
Some Mrs. F news... this was the easiest recovery I could have ever imagined. And I'm 1 lb away from my pre pregnancy weight thanks again to Weight Watchers. Woot :) I've been back at the gym since a little after 4 weeks pp and feeling good!
Here are some stats on little Vince:
- Gianna was a good nurser when she was a newborn, but Vinny was even better. This kid latched on right after birth & has been a pro ever since! I've only been pumping 2-3 times a week so I have a stash in the freezer "just in case."
- 12 lbs 14 oz - 77% (at 2 month appt) He is way bigger than Gianna was at this age!
- 23 in - 53% (at 2 month appt)
- Growing out of 0-3 month clothes. Honestly he'll probably only fit in them for 2 more weeks. Gianna fit in her 0-3's until she was about 4 months!
- Coos & smiles all the time while he's awake unless he's eating. Such a happy boy I have!
- Awesome with tummy time. He's this close to rolling over.
- Goes to bed around 10pm and has been sleeping consistently for at least 6-8 hours straight. He'll eat then sleep for another 3-4 hours! This just started 2 weeks ago (he had been waking up every 2 hours to eat every single night since birth so hopefully he keeps it up) ::knocks on wood::
3ish weeks old
Gianna keeping busy with Grandpa!
Bottle... because mama had a few margaritas.
4th of July... told you I had tons of pics to catch you up on!
Gigi likes him to lay next to her during prayer time at night :)
Pedi time with her Noni
Almost a month old... sporting his team with Daddy!
changing her baby's diaper with her "big sister gift." A diaper bag with bottles, diapers, wipes & changing pad for her Bitty Baby!
First smiles at 4 weeks!!
Shopping at Trader Joe's
These are a little our of order... this is Vinny at about 7 weeks
Little bebeh... 3 weeks
My cousin & aunt came to visit when he was a week old!
Before my mama left :( (Vinny at 1.5 weeks old)
Gianna, Vinny & Nana (my mom)
Gianna & her best friend, Laura... matching homemade dresses & headbands!
Gianna loves to read Vincent books
I know these are so out of order & I'm too lazy to rearrange them!
1st trip to the dentist... of course I needed pictures!
We took Gianna to the American Girl store to pick something out for her Bitty Baby, "Zoe," on her birthday!
She picked a Baby Bjorn... because "Mommy does that to Vinny!"